WWW theweekextra
 

.

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Fire destroys home near Darien

Janesville Gazette
A fire ripped through a Darien home Tuesday afternoon. No residents were injured in the blaze.
The Clinton Fire Department was a mile away, and they could already see flames burning through the front of the house at 13448 E. Creek Road, Darien.

The house was destroyed in the fire reported at 12:40 p.m. Tuesday. Residents got out of the house, and no one was hurt.

Firefighters couldn't enter the building when they got to the scene. When the fire was under control, they used a backhoe from Darien to pull down the part of the house that couldn't be reached from the ground.

Firefighters saw that the blaze probably started in the wall near the wood-burning stove, Clinton Fire Chief John Rindfleisch wrote in a news release. The house was too damaged for firefighters to officially report the cause of the fire.

As Clinton firefighters approached the fire, Rindfleisch warned other responders of two things: Blowing and drifting snow made the drive "treacherous" and cut some roads to one lane. Also, the wooden bridge over the railroad tracks a mile from the home blocked access directly from the west.

First responders from Turtle, Darien, Sharon, Walworth and Whitewater as well as Rock, Walworth and Boone counties joined Clinton. Departments used 70,500 gallons of water to put out the fire.

While on scene, firefighters rotated through rehab for safety checks and to stay warm, the release stated.

ooo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Home

|

News Blogs

|

The Guide

|

Entertainment

|

Classifieds

|

Advertise

|

Subscribe

|

Contact

|

Site Map

   
© 2006 The Week Extra. All rights reserved.