Photos by Terry Mayer /The Week
(Published Oct. 9, 2007, 11:34 a.m.)
A morning fire destroyed a milk house-turned-workshop in Richmond Township Tuesday.
A wood-burning stove at N5876 was left smoldering overnight and it ignited materials sitting nearby, Darien Fire Chief Dan Nickels said.
Eleven firefighters had the fire under control about a half-hour after the 9:58 a.m. call.
There were no injuries. A damage estimate was not available.
The homeowner's son used the building as a workshop to repair lawn mowers, barn fans and other items, Nickels said. The original barn had already been torn down.
"Luckily, the wind was blowing the right way or it would have been blowing toward the house," Nickels said.
Most of the items inside the building were saved, but the building itself is a total loss, Nickels said.
Content may not be published, broadcast, re-distributed or re-written.