Recipes sought for Delavan cookbook
(Published September 12, 2006, 10:28 a.m)m.)
Delavan's Downtown Business Association is seeking recipes for the Delavan Cookbook.
Cooks don't have to live in Delavan to submit their recipe.
For more information or questions, please contact Linda at 728-7860 or Lorie at 728-8670.
Recipes can be dropped off at The Cobblestone Peddler, 212 E. Walworth Ave., or to Remember When, located at 313 E. Walworth Ave.
The association hopes to collect approximately 500 recipes, and so far have 200 recipes. Deadline is Oct. 1
1. Please type your recipe if possible; otherwise please print your recipe neatly. This will help avoid errors!
2. Type only one recipe per sheet of paper.
3. Do not continue recipes on the back of the paper. If the recipe is long, continue it onto another sheet of paper and staple.
4. List all ingredients in the order of use in both the ingredients list and in the directions.
5. Abbreviate measurements in the ingredients list using the Standard Abbreviation, which we have included below:
6. Include container sizes (e.g., 16-oz. can).
7. Type directions in paragraph form, not in steps.
8. Use names of ingredients in direction (e.g., "Combine flour and sugar." DO NOT use statements like, "Combine first three ingredients").
9. Include temperatures and cooking, chilling, baking, and/or freezing times.
10. Include the recipe Category. Which category does your recipe fall into?
Appetizers & Beverages
Soups & Salads
Vegetables & Side Dishes
Bread & Rolls
Cookies & Candy
This & That
11. Please be sure to include your name, so we know who submitted the recipe. If you own or operate a Delavan business, please include the business name and your title. If you are a city official, please include your title. We want this to be a truly Delavan Cookbook!
12. Please be sure to include the recipe title.
13. Please check your spelling!
|© 2006 The Week Extra. All rights reserved.|